Schedule a Vaccine Appointment at Mountainside Medical Center
At this time, the hospital is offering vaccination to all eligible New Jersey residents, students and workers. Anyone 12 & older who lives, works or studies in New Jersey is eligible. Minors must have a parent or guardian to accompany them to the appointment. Parent or guardian must bring identification (including proof of guardianship as appropriate) and insurance if available.
Now Providing Additional Vaccine Doses for Immunocompromised Individuals
Based on new guidance from the CDC and in accordance with the NJ Department of Health, Mountainside Medical Center is now offering third doses of mNRA (Moderna or Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccines for moderately to severely immunocompromised people as defined below.
An additional dose of mRNA (Moderna or Pfizer) COVID-19 vaccine after the initial two doses is available for people who have:
- Been receiving active cancer treatment for tumors or cancers of the blood
- Received an organ transplant and are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Received a stem cell transplant within the last 2 years or are taking medicine to suppress the immune system
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (such as DiGeorge syndrome, Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome)
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Active treatment with high-dose corticosteroids or other drugs that may suppress your immune response
Eligible individuals may receive a third dose at least 28 days after the conclusion of the two-dose series. Speak with your health care provider about your medical condition, and whether getting an additional dose is appropriate for them.
Please bring your vaccine card or other validation of original vaccine.
To make your appointment call please call 973-873-7787.
The hospital is an ADA accessible organization. Complimentary valet and self-parking are provided at the Main Entrance on One Bay Avenue.
You may also walk-in at several HMH locations or schedule an appointment by visiting HackensackMeridianHealth.org/COVID.
Vaccine Walk-In Availabilities
Moderna COVID-19 vaccines for individuals age 18+ are available via walk-ins every Wednesday from 12:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Important Information for Your Vaccine Appointmen
After completing the online request form, you will receive a call to schedule your appointment.
When scheduling your appointment remember:
- A 15-30 minute observation period is required following both vaccine doses.
- Your second dose appointment will be 28 days after your first dose, if you received Moderna vaccine and 21 days if you received Pfizer vaccine, at the same time. Please be sure you are able to return on that date. Appointments can only rescheduled in emergencies.
- When scheduling your appointment remember:
- Both doses will be administered at Mountainside Medical Center, 1 Bay Avenue, Montclair, NJ 07042.
- Please bring a valid ID (i.e., driver's license) and, if you have insurance, your insurance card.
- Dress comfortably, with easy access to your upper arms.
- Arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your appointment for registration.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and for the safety of all patients and team members, waiting space is extremely limited.
- Please do not bring anyone with you to the appointment unless you need assistance.
- Children (unless receiving care) are not permitted in the hospital at this time.
- Complimentary valet parking is available at the Bay Avenue entrance. A self-park garage is also available and parking will be validated.
Once you arrive:
- A facemask is required and must be worn at all times when in the facility. If you do not have a facemask upon entry, the hospital will provide one.
- Please enter the facility through the Bay Avenue (main) entrance only.
- You will complete questionnaire COVID-19 symptom screening and temperature check at the security desk.
- Upon completion, you will be directed to registration.
- Once registered, you will be directed to enter the Vaccine Clinic.
- Our team will assist you with completing a brief health questionnaire, confirm your Dose 2 appointment and provide with educational materials related to your vaccine.
- After vaccination, you will be monitored for possible allergic reaction. Please plan to stay a minimum of 15 minutes; some individuals may require 30 minute observation.